Sunday, October 2, 2011

Recognition

Today is Recognition day. It is the official transition from Cadet Candidate to Cadet. We are officially welcomed into the Regiment at Mass Maritime Academy. Though recognition means little to me, it does represent something to me; a new start. A day that will allow me to move on and continue with my journey to becoming a strong-willed independent individual. Sometime tonight or tomorrow, I will officially be on my own; no more girlfriend, no more thinking about the past, no more of what I was. From here on out, I am focusing on myself, my own personal growth. I continue to struggle with my emotions, but I feel that in time these emotions will subside and I will go on knowing that I survived this. It's a personal struggle with yourself to be led down a path of betrayal. You have no control over it. The only thing that you can control is how you react to it. She may take this easy or she may not, but I can't allow that to stop me from what I have to do. She showed me no regard, when she cheated on me and I should consider that before I put her first again. But for now, this is me; Cadet Nguyen/ 1st Co. Son, Brother, Friend. Just another soul trying to make it in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment