Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Paths

Paths are such a peculiar thing. They lead us down these trails to unspeakable surprises. I realize now that I have to let her continue her path; no matter how much pain or sorrow that I foreshadow, there is really no way for her to understand until she has experienced it. Douchebags are douchebags because they're good at manipulating girls.

I've been the shoulder for countless girls and it's always the same type of guy and I know from my experiences what their intents are, but without those experiences, those girls would have never had known what they really want out of life. I just have to trust that she will be okay. It's not my job to protect her anymore.

No matter if I want to save her, I can't. This is her path now. I wanted to be there to guide her along her way, but I think this is something she has to do alone. I have to break apart from her now because our emotions for each other are still fresh and all the anger and anguish will only break our relationship apart. I trust that someday we may be great friends- maybe even lovers again, but only time will tell if our paths with cross again. I'll love her always, but for now, I will work on myself and move on from this.

No comments:

Post a Comment