Thursday, December 22, 2011

Man vrs the world

I guess I was in somewhat of a depressive state for this entire semester. It's been hard dealing with it and I'm still struggling with it. But what I've learned is that you can never really fully rely on someone to be there for you. Everyone has their own lives and you either get lost in things by yourself or you move on. Sadly, I had to go through everything by myself and it's been difficult because I still care and I think that's what hurt me the most.
I've been told that I care too much about everything and in this world, I guess it's a flaw. People don't want to know too much about things and you just have to learn to harden your heart a little. This world forces you to do that. Nobody remembers the guy that stops and helps a stranger, but they remember a man that makes a fortune.
I think that's what my mom has been trying to teach me all along. That no matter how much you care or how great of a person you are- girls are still going to leave you for the guy with the bigger checking account. No matter how much you TRY to give them everything that you can, they won't be satisfied.
In the end, the man with the biggest heart is mistaken for the man with weakest character. There's gotta be some way around that. Can't I still care for people, but not get hurt?

No comments:

Post a Comment