Monday, December 12, 2011
Farewell, Mass Maritime. For now.
This semester has been a mix of so many emotions; somewhat uplifting, eye-opening, informative, happy, sad, depressing, exciting, new... It's hard to explain. I'm kind of at peace right now. I packed my first bag to put into storage and I don't mind coming back next semester. I realize that at the start of the semester- I was so bitter and so closed off, but I didn't notice that. It made it hard for people to befriend me, but I'm so much better now. I think I'll be okay. It feels weird being on my own, but I kind of like it. I mean that female companionship is nice, but I think I can handle just having friends right now. I'm at peace at last and it feels exhilarating. Mass Maritime might be full of odd people, but for the most part, they're good people. Time's have changed and society has changed. I'm a half a decade older than most of the freshman and you can see how things have changed in such little time. I don't mean to sound like an old man, but we're in a time of a technological revolution. I remember a time when texting wasn't as prevalent and sidekicks were the shit. I remember actually have long conversations on the phone, but now we just text everyone. It's weird, it's new, but I guess you just have to embrace it. So, so long Mass Maritime, till next year; we'll meet again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment