Friday, February 20, 2009
New Beginning
So I figured I would update on where I am at in my life and what I am doing now. I just accepted a position as a Pet Food Demonstrator for Blue Buffalo at Petco/PetsMart ( I am not sure where I will be located at, yet). My orientation for the position will be on Thursday at 1pm. I spoke to the hiring manager and he told me some interesting facts about Blue Buffalo that I found surprising. Even though I have my dog on Blue Buffalo and have researched the product extensively, I've found out alot more by just speaking to him for almost an hour. I am also in the hiring process with Pets A GO GO, a premier petsitting and doggie daycare company that is located in Westchester that is expanding into Fishkill. I had my interview on Wednesday and had a call back today to come into Tuesday to be observed. From what I here, I will be put in a room with a group of dogs and will be evaluated on how I assess the situations that arise. I am currently taking a class to pursue my EMT-B and also taking english and math to complete my prerequisites. My current major is in Paramedicine. I plan to volunteer for Beacon Volunteer Ambulance Corp (BVAC) and plan on taking an orientation to volunteer with SPCA on the first Tuesday in March. I also plan on volunteering for a traveling petting zoo, Pony parties w/ rascals( in exchange for horseback riding classes). I will also being taking the NYPD police exam on March 1st just to keep my options open.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment